We take the health and safety of our customers and staff very seriously, so we wanted to share what we are doing during this period to keep everyone safe. We also know that roadtrip plans can change, so wanted to share details of our flexible booking process.
Here’s what we’re doing
We are following the recommendations shared by Public Health England and the World Health Organisation to minimise the potential threat of the illness being spread.
Beyond our usual pre-roadtrip cleaning regime, we have taken extra steps to ensure we do everything to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Our drivers have been given guidance on regular hand-washing and interior cleaning with alcohol-based wipes on delivery.
We have also implemented additional pre and post-rental cleaning techniques. After all rentals, every car’s interior and exterior is cleaned, including a full sanitisation of the inside of the vehicle, with all surfaces and touchpoints disinfected. In addition, all touch screens, vehicle keys, fobs and keyrings are sanitised between usage.
If you believe you are infected or might have come into contact with COVID-19, you are encouraged to contact the NHS immediately. If you are currently under or become subject to a self-isolation during or after your rental with THE OUT, we would appreciate you informing the customer services team by email so that we may take the necessary precautions to protect the safety of our employees and other customers. Your privacy will be protected in accordance with all applicable laws.
We know roadtrip plans can change that’s why when we launched we wanted to ensure we built in as much flexibility into our booking process as possible, meaning we are set-up to help during this period of uncertainty.
- Bookings can be modified up to 3 hours prior to the start of the rental at no extra charge. This includes moving start and end dates
- You can cancel your rental free of charge provided that you give us at least 24h notice before your rental is due to start
- Please note, if you do not give us 24h notice, there we will be a cancellation fee of £100 to cover costs already incurred
- During the rental, your booking end dates/times can be amended via the app and chat to the support team who will be able to do this for you
- Due to the unique way we pick up the cars, unfortunately if you give us less than 3h notice, you will incur a Late Extension Fee of £50 plus any additional time will be charged at the applicable daily rental rate
If you have any further concerns or questions, please contact us directly via chat, available via THE OUT app and in the bottom right corner of this page.